This policy applies to cookies and refers to the methods of their use on the website owned by the Data Controller, that is, the website: www.lubas.com.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored on end devices of the users, intended for the use of websites. These files make it possible to recognise the user’s device and display a website that is tailored to the user’s individual preferences. Cookies usually contain the name of the website they come from, their storage time on the end device and a unique reference number.
In principle, cookies do not allow identification of natural persons, however, due to the Controller’s care for the protection of customers’ personal data, the protection measures used for personal data are applied to them. Saving cookies in the memory of the browser does not have any negative impact on the user’s software or equipment. Cookies allow the information contained in them to be read only by the server they come from.
The cookies used by Lubas are safe for your devices.
- What are cookies used for?
Cookies are used to adapt the content of websites to the user’s preferences and optimise the use of the websites. They are also used to create anonymous, aggregated statistics that help to understand how the user uses websites, which makes it possible to improve their structure and content, except for user’s personal identification.
There are three types of cookies:
- storing the user’s preferences;
- ensuring the operability of the website;
- collecting analytical data.
Storing or accessing cookies does not change the configuration of the user’s device.
3 What cookies are used and how long are they stored?
The Controller uses the following type of cookies:
- Session cookies – for maintaining the session. These cookies work during your visit to the Controller’s website, after which they are automatically deleted;
- Persistent cookies – after you visit the website, they remain on your computer along with the stored information, e.g., about your computer set-up, and will restore the settings during your subsequent visits, making it easier for you to use www.lubas.com. These files are stored for a period of maximum 2 years.
- Deleting cookies
By default, web browsing software allows cookies on your end device. The settings can be changed to block the automatic acceptance of cookies or to inform the user each time cookies are sent to their device. Detailed information on the options and ways of handling cookies is available in the browser settings.